12:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico) - 01:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico)
Bare Necessity: When Diversity of Counsel Is More Than a Matter of Preference
Each legal matter presents with its own unique set of facts. Finding and assigning the right counsel to represent a client with respect to those facts can be crucial to the handling and the ultimate outcome of each case. While skill and experience are always factors to be considered, what about diversity? This Webinar will explore the considerations clients, carriers, and other professionals who select counsel must take into account when there is a need for diverse counsel. How is the need identified and communicated between client and counsel, whether it be diversity related to race, gender, religion, or disability?
- Develop an understanding of why diversity should be given consideration when staffing a claim.
- Learn the best approach to discussing this topic with clients and attorneys.
- Learn how to effectively implement diversity of counsel when staffing claims.
Craig A. Thompson, Venable, LLP, Baltimore, Maryland USA
Judge Stephen R. Bough, United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri USA
Bernadette Catalana, Manning Gross Massenburg LLP, New York, New York USA
Kamran Q. Khan, Altria, Richmond, Virginia USA
For information on any upcoming Webinar, please visit the Webinar page on the IADC website.
IADC Zoom Links
If you’ve registered for a virtual IADC meeting and have had difficulty locating your Zoom link (each registrant receives a specific link to them), below are some helpful tips:
- After registering, you will receive an email from the IADC staffer coordinating the meeting which uses this email@example.com address to send your link. Please be sure you whitelist that address as it could get caught in your spam filters. In addition, you are able to add the meeting and your Zoom link to your calendar through this email.
- NEW! Your IADC website profile. We recently updated member profiles to include your links to any virtual IADC meeting for which you are registered. Go to your account, and when you click to view/edit your account, go to the “Meeting Participation” tab. There you'll find “Upcoming Virtual Meetings/Virtual Links” which includes your Zoom link for each of your registered meetings. You can copy and paste your specific Zoom link into your browser to join the meeting.