Case Within a Case: Defense of a Legal Malpractice Case Via Trial of the Underlying Action
This Webinar will analyze defending a legal liability claim via the trial of the underlying case. The Webinar will also address other Professional Liability Defenses, but will focus on the strategy and mechanics of proving no causation/damages via trial of the "case within a case."
- Upon completion, participants will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the unique causation issues presented by legal malpractice actions with emphasis on how to defend the “case within a case” through each stage of litigation – from inception through trial.
- Upon completion, participants will have a better understanding the most effective strategies to prove and negate causation in cases involving “case within a case” standard.
- Upon completion, participants will understand the specific challenges presented when trying the “trial within a trial” to a judge or jury and how to overcome them.
- Assessment, analysis of strategy in a professional liability case
- Skill acumen in trying the underlying case
- Causation/damages assessment
David C. Anderson, Collins Einhorn Farrell PC, Southfield, Michigan USA
Zandra E. Foley, Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Iron, LLP, Houston, Texas USA
Erin K. Higgins, Conn Kavanaugh, Boston, Massachusetts USA
Andrew R. Jones, Furman Kornfeld & Brennan LLP, New York, New York USA
For information on any upcoming Webinar, please visit the Webinar page on the IADC website.