12:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico) - 01:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico)
Preserving the Appellate Record at Trial: Balancing Trial Advocacy and Strategy with Preserving the Appellate Record
This program will address balancing our goal to win trials with the need to preserve the record for potential appeals. The program will discuss possible tensions between trial strategy and preserving the appellate record; working with appellate counsel before trial and during trial; and ensuring that the trial record is adequate to support necessary appeals.
- Appellate considerations for trial counsel
- Working with appellate counsel at trial
- Balancing appellate concerns with trial strategy
Adam P. O'Brien, Wells, Anderson & Race, LLC, Denver, Colorado USA
L. Michael Brooks, Wells, Anderson & Race, LLC, Denver, Colorado USA
Jack Reiter, GrayRobinson, P.A., Miami, Florida USA
For information on any upcoming Webinar, please visit the Webinar page on the IADC website.
IADC Zoom Links
If you’ve registered for a virtual IADC meeting and have had difficulty locating your Zoom link (each registrant receives a specific link to them), below are some helpful tips:
- After registering, you will receive an email from the IADC staffer coordinating the meeting which uses this email@example.com address to send your link. Please be sure you whitelist that address as it could get caught in your spam filters. In addition, you are able to add the meeting and your Zoom link to your calendar through this email.
- NEW! Your IADC website profile. We recently updated member profiles to include your links to any virtual IADC meeting for which you are registered. Go to your account, and when you click to view/edit your account, go to the “Meeting Participation” tab. There you'll find “Upcoming Virtual Meetings/Virtual Links” which includes your Zoom link for each of your registered meetings. You can copy and paste your specific Zoom link into your browser to join the meeting.