Wednesday, December 02, 2020
12:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico) - 01:00 PM GMT - 6:00 Central Standard Time (US & Mexico)
Please join us for a complimentary Webinar sponsored by the Social Justice Pro Bono Committee on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 for (1) hour beginning at: 10:00 AM PST / 11:00 AM MST / 12:00 PM CST / 1:00 PM EST
Update on Immigration Law for Pro Bono Practitioners
This Webinar will provide an update on recent significant opinions from the United States Supreme Court and the Attorney General that impact deportation defense and pro bono efforts to obtain status for immigrants; particularly those who have Entered Without Inspection ("EWI").
- Useful to frame deportation defense.
- Will provide arguments around unfavorable precedent.
- Will keep practitioners abreast of recent developments.
- Understand the paths to lawful immigration status
- Learn the elements of asylum claims
- Learn how best to prepare clients for immigration court
Robert Redmond, McGuireWoods LLP, Richmond, Virginia USA
Lynn Semptimphelter Kopon, Kopon Airdo, LLC, Chicago, Illinois USA
For information on any upcoming Webinar, please visit the Webinar page on the IADC website.
IADC Zoom Links
If you’ve registered for a virtual IADC meeting and have had difficulty locating your Zoom link (each registrant receives a specific link to them), below are some helpful tips:
- After registering, you will receive an email from the IADC staffer coordinating the meeting which uses this email@example.com address to send your link. Please be sure you whitelist that address as it could get caught in your spam filters. In addition, you are able to add the meeting and your Zoom link to your calendar through this email.
- NEW! Your IADC website profile. We recently updated member profiles to include your links to any virtual IADC meeting for which you are registered. Go to your account, and when you click to view/edit your account, go to the “Meeting Participation” tab. There you'll find “Upcoming Virtual Meetings/Virtual Links” which includes your Zoom link for each of your registered meetings. You can copy and paste your specific Zoom link into your browser to join the meeting.