The 2023 Corporate Counsel College will be held Thursday, April 27 and Friday, April 28 at the Loews Chicago in Chicago, Illinois USA.
This two-day program is designed specifically for in-house counsel and their trusted outside advisors. IADC outside counsel members - you must attend with a client, so start talking with your in-house clients about participating!
VIEW THE SCHEDULE WITH PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS.
The room block at the Loews Chicago is now full over our meeting dates and the hotel is completely sold out of rooms on the night of April 27th.
We recommend you make a reservation at your preferred Chicago hotel. We do not have contracted room blocks at other properties. Nearby suggestions include:
If you have any questions, please contact Melisa Maisel Vanis, Director of Professional Development, at email@example.com.
During this two-day program for senior in-house counsel and their trusted outside counsel, program offerings will include:
- To Have and To Hold: Strategies for Effective Legal Holds in the Era of Mixed-Media Communications and Use of Personal Devices
- An Update on the Moving Target That is ESG
- Staying Connected (and Compliant) With Your Workforce in a Remote (or Hybrid) World
- To Speak or Not to Speak: How Companies Decide Whether to Take Stances on Hot-Button Political and Social Issues
- Supreme Court Update: Looking Back and Moving Forward
- Challenges and Strategies for Preserving Privilege When In-House Counsel Serves in a Dual Role with Business and Legal
- Ending the Insanity: Emerging Trends in Bringing Mass Litigation to Finality
Registration fees are $1,925 per package, which includes registration for one outside counsel and one in-house counsel. If an in-house counsel wants to attend solo, the fee is $495.
NEW PROGRAM: IADC LEADERSHIP FORUM
The IADC Leadership Forum is a half-day program targeting rising stars, regardless of whether you are outside or in-house counsel. The presentations are designed to accelerate the learning curve on the attendees’ path to leadership within their law firm or legal department. Managing partners and senior corporate officers are encouraged to attend along with their rising star.
The Forum is complimentary and is open to all, including non-IADC members.
For program information and to register, view the IADC Leadership Forum page on the IADC website.
Program highlights include:
- Keynote Speaker: Melanie Margolin
- Succession Planning
- Economics of Law
- Fireside Chat with Michele Coleman Mayes
- Leadership Goal Setting Workshop
Questions? If you have questions on registration, please email Maddie Pangyarihan, Meetings Coordinator. For questions on the Corporate Counsel College, please email Melisa Maisel Vanis, Director of Professional Development.
Health and Safety
The IADC is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for meeting attendees and will follow all local requirements with regard to COVID-19. At present, that does not require attendees to be tested for COVID-19 before attending the meeting nor are masks required in any public spaces. However, we support everyone doing what makes them feel comfortable with regard to mask wearing, shaking hands or hugging, and we ask attendees to respect the choices of others. If you are not feeling well, please refrain from attending IADC events, and we encourage you to bring and utilize COVID-19 rapid tests if you are symptomatic.